- In the beginning:
- There was just one. One guy who had the dream of earning
his meals by working with computer graphics. He made small games
and animations and learned code all by himself at lunch break
in school because no one wanted to teach him. (Actually such a
course wasn't offered in the school). After grade 12 was behind
him & his desire was still strong, he made 2 large investments
into his future; he bought his own computer and went to college.
- The young man attended college at Applied Multimedia
Training Centres in Winnipeg, MB. 12 months of intensive training
led to a successful graduation, earning a Diploma for Multimedia
Design & Communication.
- Seeing a demand and opportunity, he decided that the
best way to serve the community with his talents and enthusiasm
was to open his own business, designing and creating custom multimedia
solutions for small businesses and for peoples' personal needs.
- August 30, 2001
- themediaguy.ca was officially registered, the
web site was posted, & the final stages of openning for business
- October 1, 2001
- Open for business! Official launch date for The Media
- September, 2002
- In traditional Media Guy style, we expanded our services as our clients required.
Custom built computers, used computer sales, maintenance and repairs were added to our list of quality products and services.
- July, 2003
- Our efforts were rewarded when a unique opportunity to sell replacement inkjet & toner
cartridges was awarded to The Media Guy. We are now able to offer a much more affordable solution to
outrageously overpriced inkjet cartridges, and offer significant savings in toner cartridges.
- Yet to come...
- We at The Media Guy
are optimistically looking forward, excited to help others &
to collectively create the solutions that will meet
or exceed the needs and expectations of everyone that we serve.